This pest course will teach you how to:
- Identify and stop using harmful synthetic fertilizers and toxic pesticides.
- Successfully use natural-organic techniques and products.
- Insect Control - Part 1 - Identifying Beneficials and Pests
- Insect Control - Part 2 - Specific Control Techniques
Learn How To Manage:
- Mice and Rats
- Fire Ants
- Nationally syndicated Organic Gardening & Living radio talk show host - Salem Radio Network
- ASLA Member American Society of Landscape Architects
- Arborist - Member of International Society of Arboriculture ISA
- Columnist for the Dallas Morning News - Organic Answers
- Author of 15 books
- Chairman of Texas Organic Research Center (TORC) a 501(c)3 corporation
- Past Member of the Organic Advisory Board Texas Department of Agriculture
Howard Garrett has extensive experience in landscape contracting, greenhouse growing, golf course planning and maintenance, and organic product development. Howard has devoted his life to establishing a leadership role in the natural organic marketplace. He provides advice on natural organic gardening, landscaping, pet health, pest control and natural living.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Park Administration and Landscape Architecture from Texas Tech University in 1969. After a stint in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Howard started his business career at Club Corporation of America where he was a laborer and assistant golf course super intendant.
In 1985, the birth of Howard's daughter Logan was the turning point in his education into organic gardening, landscaping, farming and ranching.
By 1988 he had committed his entire career to the research, education and promotion of organic products and practices. In addition to teaching organics to homeowners, he began the conversion of numerous commercial projects such as the Frito-Lay National Headquarters in Plano. His work also includes research on natural organic planting techniques, use of native and well adapted introductions and water saving solutions. Organic projects in the studies have realized 40-50% cost savings in water use.
Consulting clients include Carrington Labs and their aloe vera growing operation in Costa Rica; Muenster Milling Company, a producer of natural pet food; Greenway Parks - an exclusive residential development; Radio Shack National Headquarters; Tierra Verde Golf Club; Texas Instruments, Iscar Metals and Sabre Corporation. Product consulting clients include MaestroGro and others.